Facts of Suge Knight
|Full Name||Suge Knight|
|Other Name||Suge Knight|
|Birth City||Compton, California|
|Father Name||Marion Knight Sr|
|Mother Name||Maxine Dikemen|
|Spouse||Michel'le (m. 1999–2007)|
|Relation With||Michel'le (1999-2007)|
|No Of Children||5|
|Sibilings||Karen Anderson, Charlinda Tubbs|
|Education||University of Nevada, Las Vegas|
|Date of Birth||April 19,1965|
How Much Is The Net Worth Of Infamous Suge Knight?
Suge Knight’s rise from the streets to the top and his fall may be one of the most infamous tales of success and failure in the music industry. The man whose record sales revenue from his label gross more than $750 million is currently worth around $200,000.
He amassed the bulk of his now gone net worth from his time as the CEO and founder of Death Row Records. He signed legendary artists like Tupac, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg to the label. With a career spanning more than 28 years he is one of the most infamous celebrity names.
His violent history and many major convictions cost him a fortune and what was once a music empire. He founded Death Row Records alongside Dr. Dre and The D.O.C. in 1991. The record label was bought out by Global Music Group but it was made defunct in 2012.
Suge is Worth just $200,000: Lost His Wealth In Settling Debts & Legal Actions
As of March 2019, Knight has a net worth of $200,000. The bulk of his net worth was auctioned off by the IRS, given as settlement to an alleged co founder.
During the rime of his record company it made more than $325 million in its first four years. Similarly over the course of the net decade it became the best rap record label in the world then slowly spiraled until being completely dissolved.
It's assets were auctioned off and the record label artists are all signed to other records or dead.
Here we have listed down his earnings and the rise and decline in his net worth over the years.
- Notable Events: He started his professional career as an American football player.
- Notable Events: Knight established death row records in collaboration with Dr. Dre and The D.O.C.
- Notable Events: Signed Tupac Shakur by offering to pay his bail of $1.4 million if he signed for the label.
- Notable Events: Was ordered by the court to pay $107 million to Lydia Harris who claimed she had provided the $1.5 million capital to kickstart Death Row Records.
- Notable Events: After the lawsuit against him that awarded Lydia Harris $107 million he filed for bankruptcy. Knight filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy and a federal judge ordered a takeover of Death Row Records citing that the label had gone a huge amount of mismanagement.
- Loss: $107 million + $1 million + Legal Expenses (paid to Lydia Harris)
- Assets: According to financial records he had $12 in his bank account, clothing worth $1000, appliances worth $2000 and jewelry $ 25,000.
- Notable Events: Listed his 7 bedroom, 9 and a half bath containing house located in the prime location of Malibu California for $6.2 million.
- Notable Events: Death Row Records was put up for auction by the court.
- Earnings: $4.56 million from selling his Malibu home.
- Notable Events: Everything owned by Death Row Records was auctioned off by the court. The Electric chair of the record label sold for around $2,500.
- Auction Sales: All the assets of the former record label were sold for around $18 million.
- Notable Events: Court ordered $25 million as bail for his release.
Net Worth 2019: $200,000
Apart from this, Suge Knight also earned from the endorsements and advertisements he did before he was not infamous as a criminal. Although Death Row Records was the main source of his income, he also earned money from his time as an NFL player.
He Owned Many Houses, Cars, and Luxury Properties Before Bankruptcy
Before going bankrupt and selling off his assets to pay court-ordered fees, Knight was the owner of a music empire and one of the biggest names in the music industry. He lived the high life while he was rich and spent lavishly on cars.
His Car Collection Was Worth Millions
He had a car collection of which many people could only dream of. He owned a 1964 Chevrolet Impala which can be bought for around $38,500, a 1996 Rolls-Royce Corniche Convertible, a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air which can cost from $74,999 to $105,000.
Similarly, he had a Bentley Continental GT whose price starts from around $29,800, a 2002 Cadillac Escalade which costs around $48,735, and a 1995 Jaguar XJS whose price ranges from $53,400 to $82,550.
Hit and Run Case and Legal Action
He was ordered by the IRS to pay the $6.5 million that he owed back in taxes to the government. Likewise, he also paid for legal fees of his lawyers for his numerous run-ins with the law. He was prosecuted after he hit the founder of Heavyweight Records, Terry Carter who was also his friend with his car and fled.
CCTV footage showed that the hit was intentional and there was also a second victim filmmaker Cle Sloan. The court found him guilty and set his bail to $25 million after which he collapsed. The court reduced his bails to $10 million later on. He also paid the medical bills for his extended visits to the hospital.
Insurance and Charity
The former multimillionaire is sure to have had some insurance in the past due to his frequent health issues and his altercations with police.
At the time of his heyday, he attended various fundraisers and charity events. He also began charity work after getting out of jail in 2004.
Suge Knight’s Personal Details- Wife, Girlfriend, Married, Age
Suge Knight was born Marion Hugh Knight Jr. on April 19, 1965, in Compton, California, U.S. which is famous for producing legendary rappers. He was born to father Marion Knight Sr and mother Maxine Dikemen. He is African-American by ethnicity and is an American by nationality.
Marriage And Children
Suge Knight is currently unmarried and single as of March 2019. However, he was married to another icon of the rap industry Michel'le.
The couple got married in 1999 and divorced in 2007. Apart from this, he had other illegitimate wives, impersonators, and baby mamas.
He has 5 kids from his various relationships. He has 3 sons Taj Knight, Andrew Payan (Knight), and Legend Knight. He also has 2 daughters Posh Knight and Bailei Knight.
Age And Height
As of 2019, Knight is at the age of 54 and stands at the height of 6 feet 2 inches or 187 cm.