Facts of Magnus Carlsen Networth
|Birth Name||Sven Magnus Øen Carlsen|
|Father Name||Henrik Albert Carlsen|
|Mother Name||Sigrun Øen|
|Relation With||Cristian Larsen|
|Date of Birth||November 30,1990|
How Much Is The Net Worth Of Grand Master Magnus Carlsen?
With unrivaled mastery of chess Magnus Carlsen has proved himself as one of the most brilliant grand masters of the game and from his career, he amassed a net worth of $8 million. The prize money from various tournaments contributes to most of his net worth.
His career started in 2004 and since then he has gone on to become the best chess player as per rankings by FIDE. He has also been the world champion of the game since 2013. The prodigy got the title of Grand Master in 2004.
Magnus Carlsen's Net Worth Details, Income Sources, Salary
With a decent net worth of $8 million, the chess star is one of the richest professional chess players in the world. He has won every world championship from 2013 to 2019 which means that the gathered a lot of prize money.
According to a verifiable source, it was reported that Carlsen has earned over $840k in 2018 from prize money alone.
The exact figures of Carlsen's yearly earnings are not available, however, as per data from Chess the average professional chess player earns around $34,000 per year but the top tier players like Carlsen earn way more than that.
Net Worth 2004
- Notable Events: Carlsen started his career as a chess player and lost only 1 game in the entire tournament full of highly rated players. He played so well that Microsoft started sponsoring him.
Net Worth 2005
- Notable Events: He beat Alexei Shirov who was ranked no 10 in the world at the time.
Net Worth 2006
- Notable Events: He qualified for a place in Corus B after his first-place finish in Corus group C.
Net Worth 2007
- Notable Events: He played in the Candidates Tournament for the FIDE World Chess Championship 2007 against Levon Aronian in a tiebreak blitz games.
Net Worth 2008
- Notable Events: Shared first place at the 69th Corus chess tournament with Levon Aronian.
Net Worth 2012
- Notable Events: Came second in the World Chess Championships.
- Earnings: $1.2 million from sponsorships.
Net Worth 2013
- Notable Events: Became world champion after beating then-champion Viswanathan Anand and he was also named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by time.
Net Worth 2017
- Notable Events: Won the World Blitz Chess Championship for the 3rd time.
Net Worth 2018: $8 million
- Notable Events: He retained his title as world champion by beating Fabiano Caruana.
- Earnings: $843k from the prize money alone.
Net Worth 2019: $8 million
- Notable Events: Retained his world championship for a record 7th time.
Apart from his stellar career he also earns from sponsorship and advertisements. He is endorsed by companies such as Porsche and G-Star. He is famous as a G-Star model. Similarly, he has appeared in commercials for companies like Altibox. In addition to this, he also teaches chess for which he charges money.
After his first chess match, he has come a long way and is the best chess player as reported by many sources. As of March 2019, he is still ranked number 1 in the world as a chess player. His net worth is still increasing day by day.
His net worth is also comparable to the likes of his contemporaries, Vishwanath Anand and Garry Kasparov.
Magnus Carlsen's Lifestyle, Assets, Expenses, Properties, Insurance: House, Cars
As a millionaire, Carlsen spends big bucks on lavish things such as cars and houses. The man with 190 IQ, lives the rich lifestyle but is usually very good at hiding it from the media and public.
His Instagram account has pictures of him traveling to expensive cities and paradise-like destinations. He visited the Santiago Bernabeu stadium which is the stadium of the football club, Real Madrid. He is an avid football fan who loves his local club and regularly visits them.
A star of his caliber has insurance and as traveling is involved in his line of work, he has traveler’s insurance as well as health insurance.
Magnus Carlsen's Personal Life- Family, Wife, Married
Magnus Carlsen was born Sven Magnus Øen Carlsen on 30 November 1990 in Tønsberg, Norway. He was born to father Henrik Albert Carlsen and mother Sigrun Øen. He is Caucasian by ethnicity and is American-Norwegian by nationality.
Relationship And Girlfriend
As of March 2019, he is in a relationship with Synne Cristian Larsen. The couple started dating on February 14, 2017, or Valentine's Day 2017. He calls her the inspiration of his life.
Contrary to the trend of chess players who get distracted after they start dating someone, Larsen is actually somewhat of a lucky charm for Carlsen.
Age And Height
Carlsen is at the age of 28 and stands at the height of 5 feet 7 inches.