Facts of John Force
|Full Name||John Force|
|Birth Name||John Harold Force|
|Birth City||Bell Gardens, California|
|Father Name||Harold Force|
|Mother Name||Betty Ruth Force|
|Relation With||Lana Bonee (1968-1972)|
|No Of Children||4|
|Date of Birth||May 4,1949|
|Married Date||September 26,1981|
American NHRA Drag Racer John Force Owns A Net Worth Of $12 Million
John Force is an American 16-time NHRA and AHRA Funny Car drag racer champion. The 70-year-old racer owns and drives for John Force Racing.
John is the father of drag racers Ashley Force, Brittany Force, and Courtney Force. Including his racer son-in-law Robert Hight, they are known as “The First Family of Drag Racing”. The father of four has been in the racing world since 1978 and is still going strong winning several championships each year.
Let Us Look Through His Career Journey
During the initial stage of his career, Force drove the Night Stalker Mustang by Jack Chrisman. He then switched to a Corvette, a Monza, and then to an Oldsmobile Cutlass until the end of the 1993 season.
From 1987 to 1996, John won a total of sixty-seven of 203 NHRA national events, 4 of nine Big Bud Shootouts, and 6 World Championships. Likewise, from 1997 to 2006, Force entered the final of 105 out of 228 events winning 61 wins.
Some of the championships won by John are listed below:
- 1984 NHRA Funny Car Champion
- 1991 NHRA Funny Car Champion
- 1994 NHRA Funny Car Champion
- 1999 NHRA Funny Car Champion
- 2002 NHRA Funny Car Champion
- 2003 NHRA Champion Owner (Tony Pedregon, Funny Car)
- 2006 NHRA Funny Car Champion
- 2009 NHRA Champion Owner (Robert Hight, Funny Car)
- 2013 NHRA Funny Car Champion
- 2017 NHRA Champion Owner (Brittany Force, Top Fuel)
- 2017 NHRA Champion Owner (Robert Hight, Funny Car)
In Aug 2019, Force won the Magic Dry Organic Absorbent NHRA Northwest Nations edging out Ron Capps breaking a 25 race winless streak. He celebrated his 2019 season by winning the U.S. Nationals.
Who Sponsors John Force?
Apart from his earnings from his racing career, John also gardens a massive amount of money from his sponsorships and endorsement deals.
In 2000, John was sponsored by a British global brand Castrol which lasted until 2014. The following year, Force signed a partnership with Chevrolet.
The 5 feet 11 inches tall racer is also involved in several philanthropic works. He has donated several helmets, cars, and other stuff autographed by him for charity.
Short Biography On Drag Racer John Force
John Harold Force was born on 4th May 1949 in Bell Gardens, California, the United States. He holds American nationality and has a white ethnic background.
He was born as the fifth child of Harold and Betty Ruth Force. His siblings are Walker, Louie, Tom, Cindy Hem, and Dana. Force enrolled at a local high school before attending Cerritos College.
Who Is John Force’s First Wife?
The 70-year-old racer is currently married to Laurie Force. The couple first met during the wedding of a mutual friend in 1972 and eventually seeing each other.
The couple dated for about a decade before exchange their wedding rings on 26th September 1981 in the presence of their family and friends. Together they share three children: Ashley, Brittany, and Courtney.
Prior to his marriage with Laurie, John was married to Lana Bonee with whom he shared his first daughter Adria. The couple was married on 22nd November 1968 until their divorce in 1972.
Some Quick Facts
- John Force is the co-owner of ‘Race Rock’, a chain of race-themed restaurants alongside Richard Petty, Jeff Gordon, and Michael Andretti.
- He is the father-in-law of Daniel Hood, Robert Hight, and Graham Rahal.
- Forced drag raced together with late drag racer Tommy Huff.
- John’s daughters Brittany and Courtney race for his team.
- Force’s fastest lap is 3.832 seconds on 17th March 2017 at Gainesville, Florida.
- Likewise, his best speed is 337.16 mph i.e. 542.61 km/h on 29TH July 2017 at Sonoma, California.
- Keeping his fame and fortune aside, Force is a very secretive person and prefers a low-key life. He is reported to reside in Yorba Linda, California along with his family.