Facts of Emma Watson
|Full Name||Emma Watson|
|Middle Name||Charlotte Duerre|
|Birth Name||Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson|
|Profession||Actress & Model|
|Father Name||Chris Watson|
|Mother Name||Jacqueline Luesby|
|Sibilings||Alex Watson, Toby Watson, Lucy Watson, Nina Watson|
|Filmography||Little Women,The Circle,Beauty and the Beast,Regression|
|Date of Birth||April 15,1990|
How Much Is Emma Watson's Net Worth?
Emma Watson, an English actress, and model is best known for her role of Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter film series (2001-2011). Professional since 1999, Watson's acting career prominence has earned her notable fame and fortune.
As reported, Watson's work in the worldwide famous Harry Potter movies earned her around $60 million in total. As of 2020, she owns the net worth of around $80 million.
The 2017 Teen Choice Awards winner has appeared in the box office hits like Noah (2014) and Beauty and the Beast (2017). Also, she gained huge success through modeling.
Emma Watson's Net Worth Sits at $80 Million: Income Sources & Earnings
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Emma Watson owns the net worth of around $80 million as of March 2020. Back in 2017/2018, The Richest claimed her fortune to be $60 million.
The major source of Watson's income is acting career but got some aids from modeling as well.
Starting her career with Stagecoach productions and school plays at the age of 10, Emma Watson's film & career breakthrough proved to be her role of Hermione Granger in J.K Rowling's book adaptation movie Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in 2001.
After the first Harry Potter film grabbed a whopping $975.1 million box office hit, Watson received acclaims alongside huge paycheck to appear in the Harry Potter film series (2001-2011).
For a fact, the English actress has earned around $60 million from the Harry Potter film series while the movies have recorded a totaled gross collection of $7.7 billion.
Also, Emma Watson appeared in the movies like Noah (2014) and Beauty and the Beast (2017).
Salary From Harry Potter Films & Yearly Earnings
As reported, while in the Harry Potter peaking career, Emma Watson used to earn $15-$20 million per year in acting salary only.
Back in 2007, her yearly revenue was reported to be $4 million as per Forbes. Later in 2009, Vanity Fair addressed her estimated earnings to be $30 million while total earnings in 2013 were $37.6 million.
Moreover, in 2017, as per Forbes, Emma Watson became the 6th highest paid actress with $14 million income.
Reportedly, at that time, the highest paid was Emma Stone with $26 million, followed by Jennifer Aniston ($25.5 million), Jennifer Lawrence ($24 million), Melissa McCarthy ($18 million) and Mila Kunis ($15.5 million).
Emma Watson's Salary From Movies:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)- $125,000
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)- $125,000
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)- $125,000
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)- $4 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)- $15 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011) $15 million
- Beauty and the Beast (2017)- $15 million (including shares from profit)
Many might not know, but Emma was offered only $3 million for the 2017 movie Beauty and the Beast to play the role of princess.
After the film became a super box office hit, Watson gained a total of $15 million inclusive of shares from profits.
Movie Box Office Collection
Check out the list of Emma Watson's film box office collection:
|Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)|
|$125 million||$975.1 million|
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)||$100 million||$879.2 million|
|Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)||$130 million||$796.9 million|
|Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)||$150 million||$897.1 million|
|Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)||$150 million||$940 million|
|Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)||$250 million||$934.5 million|
|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 (2010)||$250 million (combined production cost of Part 1 & with Part 2)||$960.4 million|
|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011)||$1.342 billion|
|Noah (2014)||Ila||$125 million||$362.6 million|
|Beauty and the Beast (2017)||Belle||$160-$255 million||$1.264 billion|
Assets, House, Cars, Lifestyle & Expenses
Regarding the exposure of her assets, Emma Watson prefers to keep it low-key as possible. She splits her time between London and New York.
Online sources report that Emma owns an apartment in London, England and a mansion in New York, that cost her $3.3 million.
Back in late 2016, Watson's house in London, where her parents lived was sold for $3.32 million. The property spread on 2,490 sq. ft. with 6 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, was kept in the market in September 2016 for $3 million (£2.4 million).
In February 2017, sources report that she bought a house via Skype. Surely, it was to avoid paparazzi as Emma's house hunt in 2014 got her unnecessary highlight after the actress was keeping eye on Manhattan building with condos worth up to $15.5 million.
Aside from expensive mansion, Watson's asset collection includes a fleet of luxurious cars including:
- Silver Toyota Prius (worth around $24,000 to $30,000)- Insurance costs $1,300 - $1,800
- Audi S3 (bought in 2015 for $43,000)- $1,800 car insurance
- Cadillac Escalade (estimated to be $95,000)- Insurance can cover $1,900-$2,200 per year.
Surely, the multi-millionaire actress lives a lavish lifestyle and so does have a huge list of expenses.
Besides expenses on daily life luxury, Emma Watson spends a hefty sum on costly clothes, travels, and accommodations.
Tax Payments & Insurance
Surely, Emma's income and property ownership make her liable to tax payments: property and income tax.
As per Smartasset.com, her New York mansion costs her 1.924% of its assessed value as property tax, with an insurance premium of $1,287 per year.
While Emma Watson's property in the United Kingdom ranges from 0-15% property tax; 15% applies for the house over £1.5 million.
Since she is living in New York, Watson's has to follow the state's tax policy which calls the income tax of $5.148 million upon the yearly revenue of $10 million.
Endorsements & Instagram Earnings
Surely, with such huge fame, Emma Watson has become one of the demanded figures for endorsement deals. Probably, she charges a hefty sum for the brand approaching with sponsorship calls.
Well, the actress reportedly endorses Burberry, Calvin Klein, Catbird, Christian Dior and Dolce & Gabbana.
Emma is an avid user of Instagram and Twitter with over 51.3 million and 29.2 million followers respectively as of July 2019.
Through her Instagram, she seems to be promoting handmade brands like Coltrane Works, Svilu and Veja along with designers like Gabriela Hearst and Ana Khouri (jewelry designer).
As per Influencer Marketing Hub, Watson's Instagram can earn her $101,785-$169,641 per sponsored post.
Alongside being an actress and model, Emma Watson is also an activist and charity worker. In July 2014, she became UN Women Goodwill ambassador and participated in many women empowerment campaigns including UN Women campaign HeForShe.
In February 2018, Watson reportedly donated £1 million ($1.25 million) to the UK Justice and Equality Fund that aims to help the women victimized by sexual harassment.
Also, the English actress has an association with many non-profit organizations like Comic Relief, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity, Lumos, Millennium Promise, and Nest.
She is also involved in other charities like:
1. CAMFED: Fights against poverty and for the education and rights of girls in sub-Saharan Africa.
2. United Nations: Promotes gender equality and empowerment.
3. HeForShe: Works for sex equality and women’s rights.
4. Our Shared Shelf: A feminist book club.
5. The Great Ormond Street Hospital: Deals with children suffering from life-threatening conditions.
6. The Millenium Promise: Fights against poverty.
7. Shelterbox: Helps people after a natural disaster.
8. The Small Steps Project: Supports kids by delivering hygiene kits, shoes, and emergency aids.
In addition, Watson is a proud feminist and never fails to amaze us with her speech. Here are some of the popular quotes of her which prove her strong views on feminism.
1. "I decided I was a feminist and this seemed uncomplicated to me, But my recent research has shown me that feminism has become an unpopular word. Apparently, I am among the ranks of women whose expressions are seen as too strong, too aggressive, isolating, anti-men, and unattractive."
2. "I was encouraged not to use the word feminism because people felt that it was alienating and separating and the whole idea of the speech was to include as many people as possible. But I thought long and hard and ultimately felt that it was just the right thing to do."
3. "After I gave my speech [at the United Nations] in September, there was a website that was set up threatening to release naked photographs of me, with a countdown and whatever else. I knew it was a hoax. I knew the pictures didn't exist. I think a lot of people close to me knew that gender equality was an issue, but they didn't really think it was that urgent. And then they saw that the minute I stepped up and talked about women's rights, I was immediately threatened. Within 12 hours I was receiving threats."
Here is the video of her speech on feminism.
4. "Feminism is not here to dictate to you. It's not prescriptive, it's not dogmatic. All we are here to do is give you a choice. If you want to run for prime minister, you can. If you don't, that's wonderful, too. Shave your armpits, don't shave them, wear flats one day, heels the next. These things are so irrelevant and surface to what it is all really about, and I wish people wouldn't get caught up in that."
5. "Sometimes, particularly young girls feel like their voice doesn’t matter, and what they have to say doesn’t really matter, I think I would want her to know that it does."
Emma Watson's Personal Life: Age, Height, Family, Brother, Education, Boyfriend & Relationship
Emma Watson was born Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson on April 15, 1990, in Paris, France. Her parents: mother Jacqueline Luesby and father Chris Watson both are English lawyers.
Well, Watson parents divorce in 1995 when she was 5 and moved to Oxfordshire, England with brother Alex to live with her mother. For a fact, Emma's parents later remarried with their respective spouses.
From her father's side, Emma Watson has a half-brother Toby (born in 2003) and twin half-sisters: Lucy and Nina, born in 2004.
Emma attended Dragon School in Oxford from September 1995 to July 2001 and also went to part-time theatre school Stagecoach Theatre Arts.
Thereafter, she went to Headington School and took GCSE school examinations in June 2006. Well, in the examination of 10 subjects, Watson scored eight A* and 2 A grades.
Later, Emma Watson graduated from Brown University with a bachelor's degree in English literature on May 25, 2014.
Relationship Status: Married To Husband Or Dating Boyfriend?
Well, Emma Watson is yet to be married or has any husband. And regarding her current relationship status, it seems Watson is allegedly single.
Meanwhile, no reports on her ongoing dating issues or boyfriend are out. Even though she and her Hogwarts classmate Tom Felton (aka Draco Malfoy) were rumored to be in a relationship in March 2019, the rumors faded after they proved to be no more than good friends.
Most recently, Emma was in a relationship with Brendan Wallace, CEO of Fifth Wall in 2018. However, the duo broke up by 2019.
Piro to that, the English actress dated Glee actor Chord Overstreet in summer of 2018.
Till date, she has been in relationships with: Tom Ducker (2006-2007), Angus Willoughby (2007-2008), Francis Boulle (2008), Jay Barrymore (2008-2009), Rafael Cebrián (2009-2010), George Craig (2010), Johnny Simmons (2011), Will Adamowicz (2011-2013), Matthew Janney (2014), Prince Harry (2015), Roberto Aguire (2015) and American businessman named William (2015-2017).
Age And Height
Emma holds English nationality and is of white ethnicity. As of July 2019, her age is 29 and has a height of 5 ft. 5 inches (165 cm).